Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 22

Highlights
Size: a papaya
What baby is up to: She now has more developed eyes and lips, looking more like a newborn.  She's sleeping in cycles-about 12 to 14 hours per day.  Baby is weighing about a pound and length nearly 8 inches.  She is developing senses, including touch, sight, hearing, and taste. She might be grabbing onto the umbilical cord, she is able to perceive light and dark.  She can hear my voice, Josh's voice, my heartbeat, the sound of my blood whooshing as it circulating through my body, my stomach growling (which doesn't happen very often anymore since I feel like I am always eating), Cooper barking, and other loud noises around.  She is tasting pretty much everything I eat, so I'm trying to mix it up a lot to give her some variety!

The past week I got the common cold from my kiddos at school, so I got in a few days earlier to see my doctor and got an antibiotic to take to relieve the cold.  He checked me and the baby and said everything is moving great! I am growing and she is too!   He is very pleased with our progress.  Other than that I have been feeling really good and still have enough energy to get through the day.  I have had a few mood swings here and there, but they are to be expected-right.

I went to Wilmington to visit my family and while there I got the chance to register for baby items.  Josh and I picked out a few things here and there, but nothing is like being able to register with your mom, who else is better to tell you what works and what doesn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment